dinsdag 5 november 2013

Pictures Alexa Chung's Eyeko collaboration



"ALEXA CHUNG has unveiled her first collection for Eyeko since herappointment as creative consultant in August, and whilst the Eye Do liner and mascara continue the brand's love affair with eye make-up, the packaging certainly has the Alexa touch. "I really love the Yves Klein blue and wanted to use something similar so it would pop and be modern but classic. I associate those words with the brand," she told us. "Eyeko's turquoise is lovely but I wanted to establish my own version so that people would know this was my take on their products."
Chung worked closely with the brand to create the two new products, decorating both the packaging and the products themselves with her own handwriting and drawings. The Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner is waterproof and opaque black, whilst the mascara is water resistant and packed with vitamins A and E, keratin, ginkgo biloba and botanical proteins.
"Creating a water resistant mascara was important for me because it's almost always raining wherever I am! Also I apply make-up in the morning and hope it lasts all day and all night. I'm fairly lazy when it comes to reapplying, so a lasting mascara that was cry and sweat-proof was a must for me," she explained. "And Eyeko's eyeliner is the best in the business. I think it's very easy to apply because it's similar to a felt tip pen and is easy to travel with so you can take it on the plane or for sleepovers in your bag."
Eyeko founders Max and Nina Leykind first met Chung several years ago, but it was her love of their hero liquid eyeliners and her penchant for a feline flick that kick-started the collaboration.
"The trick is to really follow your natural eye shape and tailor the flick to suit you. So you need to look in the mirror and really study the line and then just experiment," Chung told us of her own application tips (though she did admit to us that she finds applying her own foundation tricky). "I like to draw the wing bit first and then fill the rest in. I hold the pen up and create a 45 degree angle with it between the edge of my eye and my nose. This sounds convoluted. The truth is, there's no easy way. You just have to practice. I learned how to apply make-up over the years from having my make-up done on shoots and at work for television - definitely not from my mother, who wore lipstick and that's about it."
The first Alexa For Eyeko collection will be available from November 14 at Selfridges, featuring the Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner and Mascara in a set with a limited-edition poster."
'from www.vogue.co.uk'  



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten